Cuban Style Pork Chops
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice #10100
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice #10257
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin #13938
- 1/4 cup canola oil #13745
- 4 (6oz) pork chops, butterflied and thinly pounded #27179
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices Swiss cheese #20768
- 8 slices ham #27160
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced (need about 16 slices) (#6709)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil #13731
- Whisk together 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, 3 tbls oregano, garlic, cumin, and canola oil in a large baking dish.
- Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry.
- Place the chops on a flat surface, cut-side up and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, a few slices of pickle and another slice of cheese on 1 half of the chop.
- Fold over and brush the top with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the chops on the grill, oil side down and grill until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the chops over and continue grilling until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Whisk the remaining orange and lime juices, oregano, and the cilantro with the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon over the chops and serve.
“Whether you sauce them, rub them or marinate them, pork chops are a welcome treat to any menu.”