Split Pea Sausage Soup
- 1 lb dried split peas
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 5 tsp chicken soup base
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the peas, water, sausage, chicken soup base, carrot, celery, potatoes, garlic powder, oregano, bay leaves, and onion.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before ladling into bowls.