Asparagus, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- ¾ lb. (340 g) beets roasted, cooled to room temperature, and peeled
- 1 lb. (455 g) asparagus, cooked, and plunged into cold water to maintain colour
- 7 oz. (200 g) goat cheese #18100
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. (15 to 30 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Dijon mustard #07070
- 1¼ Tbsp. (20 mL) raspberry vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil #13376
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) kosher salt #13792
- freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Cut the room temperature beets into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks.
- Cut each room temperature asparagus spear into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cut the goat cheese into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Drizzle in the oil, whisking continuously.
- The vinaigrette will become fairly thick.
- Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Toss the beets in half of the vinaigrette and separately toss the asparagus in the other half.
- Mound the beets and asparagus beside each other on 1 large plate or 4 smaller ones.
- Or, if you prefer, toss the 2 vegetables together.
- Top with the goat cheese and garnish with chives.
This simple and easy-to-make salad looks absolutely gorgeous. The colours are so vibrant, and the tastes of the three ingredients really complement one another.
**SERVE WITH TOASTED ROSEMARY FOCACCIA GARLIC SLICES**