Beer Braised Oktoberfest Sausage
- 4 fresh Oktoberfest sausages
- 1 bottle of beer
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Chop onions into slivers and strain the sauerkraut into a colander.
- Add oil in a deep skillet on medium high.
- When oil is hot, add onions and stir until almost caramelized.
- Pour the entire beer into the skillet.
- Add the sausages and sauerkraut and braise on medium turning the sausages halfway and until the beer is about 1/4 left.
- Serve on a bun with mustard or as is.
“This is the perfect time of year to feature sausages, especially the Oktoberfest sausage. Great on a bun with your favourite toppings, but the options are grand. A hearty all in one meal and now that the weather is cooling off it's just what your customers are longing for.”