Turkey Brine Recipe
- 1 gallon vegetable broth
- 1 cup sea salt #13793
- 1 tbsp crushed dried rosemary #14085
- 1 tbsp dried sage #14090
- 1 tbsp dried thyme #14125
- 1 tbsp dried savory #14095
- 1 gallon ice water
- In a large stock pot, combine the vegetable broth, sea salt, rosemary, sage, thyme, and savory.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to be sure salt is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- When the broth mixture is cool, pour it into a clean 5 gallon bucket.
- Stir in the ice water. Wash and dry your turkey.
- Make sure you have removed the innards.
- Place the turkey, breast down, into the brine.
- Make sure that the cavity gets filled.
- Place the bucket in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the turkey carefully draining off the excess brine and pat dry.
- Discard excess brine.
- Cook the turkey as desired reserving the drippings for gravy.
- Keep in mind that brined turkeys cook 20 to 30 minutes faster so watch the temperature gauge.