Festive Chicken Wheels
- 6 8oz bnls/sknls butterfly chicken breasts #58708
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach, chopped #87150
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled #20654
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes #00719
- 2 Tbs. fresh basil, sliced #87126
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped #87023
- 1 purple onion, chopped #87036
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped #87135
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil #13736
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten each chicken breast slightly with a mallet. Meat should be about 1/2 an inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- In large frying pan, heat olive oil. Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Saute 3-5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and sauté until veggies are tender. Stir in chopped spinach and basil. Cover until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the feta. Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place one-sixth of cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Neatly roll the breast into a tube. Secure with toothpicks. Bake (don't allow them to touch) in a greased casserole dish for 20-25 minutes. Slice before serving.
- This recipe can also be served as a festive Christmas or New Years buffet main dish.