Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
- 1L boiling water
- 25 g chicken base paste no MSG #02891
- 200 g onions - finely diced
- 25 g butter - salt free #44115
- 200 g sweet corn - tinned #00594
- 50 g chicken breast- cooked and diced #31624
- 150 ml cream #44161
- 65 g butter #44110
- 30 g cornstarch #09103
- 1 tbsp parsley - freshly chopped #87120
- 1 bay leaf #13875
- nutmeg a pinch #13887
- freshly ground black pepper to taste #13877
- Melt butter in pan and cook onions over low heat until soft, but not brown.
- Pour water over chicken base and mix well.
- Add stock to pan.
- Add sweet corn, bay leaf and chicken and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and cornstarch. Season with pepper.
- Add nutmeg and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and parsley. Serves 6.